4-speed console carpet strips?

-

b5cuda

Reaction score
Hey all,
Just about done converting my console auto to console 4-speed ('69 cuda). I'm wondering whether it's better to order the console carpet strips along with the floor carpet for another $50, or just cut my own from some extra material I have? Any advice is much appreciated - thanks!
Bill
Hillsboro, OR

the console strip for 50 bucks is cut on a bias so it wraps around the corners perfectly. Buy one and roll it out on the floor and you may be surprised at the amount of carpet needed to produce it.

I agree with RedFish. You can do it yourself for about $25, but it is almost impossible to make it lay flat against the tunnel when installed. I believe that is where the "bias cut" comes into play.

If you're doing a show car, spend the money, otherwise, DIY is okay.

I wasn't a FABO member yet when doing the Demon or probably would have paid the extra $$ for a custom fit.

Thanks guys! Sounds like it's worth it to buy the strips so I'll go that route.

Here's a tip. The yellow weatherstrip adhesive works well for attaching carpet to console. I attached the front end and a portion of the drivers side with velcro. Easy to hide the front 2 screws and easy access to wiring.

-
Back