4 speed hump needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are available new.
The repop is based on the '75 and '76 version, which has the taller floor to clear the catlytic convertor.
Otherwise I MAY have a used one available.

Mark.

My son is on a very limited budget so he would like to find a use one. This is for his 76 Duster roller project, he would not be putting a catalytic converter in so an older model 4 speed hump is what he wants. Correct?

Nope, the hump for the cat is in the floor pan. The reproduction humps were designed/manufactured using the cat equipped cars as a template. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Unless you plan on cutting the cat hump out of the floor, replacing the section with an early pan, the readily available reproduction hump will work fine.

If you replace the cat floor section, find a non cat 4 speed hump, otherwise you'll be making a patch panel to fill in the cat cut out in the 4 speed hump.

Nope, the hump for the cat is in the floor pan. The reproduction humps were designed/manufactured using the cat equipped cars as a template. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Unless you plan on cutting the cat hump out of the floor, replacing the section with an early pan, the readily available reproduction hump will work fine.

If you replace the cat floor section, find a non cat 4 speed hump, otherwise you'll be making a patch panel to fill in the cat cut out in the 4 speed hump.

Here is a pics of the floor pans, passenger was welded in by previous owner and the driver side pan is just sitting there. I don't think the driver side needs replacing, just a little patch needed by the upper left area. I don't see a cat hump...or am I blind :glasses2:

mini-IMG_0720.jpg

the hump that i am talking about from brewers is just the little bump where the shifter comes thru the hole,,,at least thats what it looks like in the pic in the advertisement,, he may have a web site with a pic i do not know,, but it cant cost that much for that tiny piece,,,

The one from Brewers is nice but a bit pricey ($149). I was hoping to find a used one relativity cheap or try my hand at fabricating one out of sheet metal.

Has anyone here fabricated a 4 speed hump for their A-Body? Got pics?

this is just a suggestion,,,maybe a junk yard,,,and 2 humps out of any floor shifted car,,maybe be able to make one,,all you would need is to go cut it out of the car,,,or find a truck,,dakota,,,with a floor shifted stick shift,, cut the hum out of it,,,,it cant cost that much at a local junk yard,,,in my area we have yards they call u pull it,,,,lots of stuff cheap if you remove it,, just a thought

I traded a bell housing for a new floor hump.

Thanks for the ad FABO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back