400-stroke it- twin turbs or both

-

challenger57

cuda57
Reaction score
I am doing a 400 in a 63 valiant project, would stroking to a 451 and twin .63mm turbs be good or bad and if my pocket( wife) lets me EFI. The EFI is for sure and the turbos, but what about stroking?

Why not start with a small block or modern Hemi? You are gonna run out of room quick with a Bigblock in an early A.

A shop I hang out at is building a 6.1 w/ twin turbos for a 71 Challenger. Packaging it all is tough and it's a very ambitious project.

If you want to turbo it, I would not stroke it. You wont be able to have enough tire to drive it over 1/4 throttle. Also ,the block doesn't need the stress. Keep the turbos smaller and keep the stroke at stock, and put a set of big heads on it.

moper could you be a little more detailed about your thoughts. I thought stroking releaved some stress because of the angle change. I plan on about 6 0r 8 pounds per turbo and this is a street car with 20 in. meats under it hooked to 5sp. All books i have read say stock heads ported are enough unless all out racing. Any thoughts on a cam. again books say big cams are not needed. also 3.23 gears are planned. Thanks Mark

-
Back