42rh A500 OD/LU connector

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I'm looking for the overdrive lock up solenoid connector. I've looked online I cannot find it anywhere. Does anybody have any idea where to get one?

I tried the dealer, but without a Vin, they were pretty useless.

Auto wrecker , should have a harness you can hack up ?

I'm looking for the overdrive lock up solenoid connector. I've looked online I cannot find it anywhere. Does anybody have any idea where to get one?

I tried the dealer, but without a Vin, they were pretty useless.
find a vin to use.

You need a VIN to get a wire connector?
It gets more ridiculous by the day.

I think calling the junkyards is probably your best bet.
It doesn't have to be from a 94.
I think any Dakota, or ram truck from '89 to 94 or 95, as long as it's the 3-pin your good to go.
I lucked out, the trans I bought had the plug and about 3 ft of the harness still attached.

Do you have a part number? I was hoping I could pick it up and not having to pay shipping.

Ok, I just looked it up here and it shows for 42 and 46 both use the same connector.
A12420 - A500 A518 A618 TCC/OD SOLENOID - Product Details

It looks like that site uses it's own part number though.
I blew the connector up and darkened it so you can see the shape of the socket, and it does look right for the 42.

D12420 1.jpg

Thanks, Del.

I think this is it. 518 / 46rh / 47rh, three wire Pigtail connector for overdrive and lock-up.

I saw that in my search, but it wasn't labeled 42rh. I also thought it would be oval. @MileHighDart can you tell if this is right?

That is not what mine looks like, I happen to have the car on stands still, so I went out and unplugged it and took a couple pics as best I could. The gray one in the link has a rectangular protrusion on each side. Mine only has that on one side, and the other side is rounded off 90 degrees and then has a notch or a cutback area and is flat on that side. Hopefully you can see what I mean in the pics. You can also see this in the picture of the socket that Trailbeast posted. Sorry the pics aren't great but the best I could get from under the car.

IMG_20200212_121444689.jpg

IMG_20200212_121520487.jpg

IMG_20200212_121559143.jpg

IMG_20200212_121616346.jpg

Thanks @MileHighDart. I called over to PATC and they confirmed that the 46 and 42rh use the same OD/LU solenoid so the plugs are the same. The photo on their site is just actual,c but he did say it's aftermarket. I'm gonna order it for the $20 and see what happens.

The attached PDF might be of some help. You can see why the dealer might ask for a vin, as Chrysler made changes over the years.
All though my catalog doesn't show it, I believe that eventually some body came out with a repair kit for the wiring harness end.
Good luck.

Attachments

• a500 Electronic parts.pdf
    626.3 KB · Views: 168
46RH-Three-Wire-Pigtail-for-727-to-46RH-Conversion.png

The PATC connector is the one I'm using and it's not a stock type fit for sure. The side bosses/rectangular pieces don't line up with the female pin socket reveals so I trimmed them off. It fits and stays on just no alignment pieces.

Last edited:
-
Back