430?

-

'73red-duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was just over at my friends body shop. Customer had just brought in a truck frame for him to install the cab he has completely reworked. Big block motor and 727 installed. I was looking it over, and on the pass. side the date code showed 12-8-70, and the driver side numbers showed 430. Thought I was seeing things, so I had my nephew look. ???? Customer told him it's a 440, and it does have a cross ram intake on it. It is going to make one nice '65 truck. What is this?

Was just over at my friends body shop. Customer had just brought in a truck frame for him to install the cab he has completely reworked. Big block motor and 727 installed. I was looking it over, and on the pass. side the date code showed 12-8-70, and the driver side numbers showed 430. Thought I was seeing things, so I had my nephew look. ???? Customer told him it's a 440, and it does have a cross ram intake on it. It is going to make one nice '65 truck. What is this?

2536430.......one of the casting numbers for 440 66'-72'.

If you get another look at it, check the id pad, drivers just in front of the intake............

Attachments

• 1a312.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 229
Thanks. I'm use to seeing the engine size stamped in that area. I'll check the pad when I'm over there. Didn't think about that at the time.

-
Back