440 ‘69 Dart Swinger vs 5.7 HEMI 1970 Challenger

-

slimjim

Reaction score
Took the ‘69 Dart with a 440/493 stroker out to Willow Springs this past weekend. Did surprisingly well with the street tires. Ran an 11.64 in the 1000’ with a healthy amount of spinning. Got any suggestions on how I can squeeze more out while limited to a 275/60R15 tire?

Below are videos to the race and a walk down of the Dart. Car was put together in the late 90’s.

Old Drag Car RETURNS! My 1969 Dart Swinger Takes on a HEMI Swapped 1970 Challenger

Old Drag Build Will Race AGAIN! 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger with a Big Block Stroker

Cool car..it's going to be fun trying to hook up that big block with a 4 speed on street tires. There are a lot better and smarter people on here than me. But I recommend putting some super stock springs or calrracs on the back with the best shocks you can buy

Cool car..it's going to be fun trying to hook up that big block with a 4 speed on street tires. There are a lot better and smarter people on here than me. But I recommend putting some super stock springs or calrracs on the back with the best shocks you can buy
It’s got some old coilovers on the rear now. Thinking about getting some QA1s. I’ll check out Caltracs as well

Did it give you a MPH at the 1000'?

That 11.6 is a 14 second 1/4. Where to start... Those coil overs, in the trash, they will beat the mounts out of your car and the leaf is supposed to hold the car up, not the shock.
If it has strong MPH, then there is some positive. If it MPH's like a 14 second car, not good.

Did it give you a MPH at the 1000'?

That 11.6 is a 14 second 1/4. Where to start... Those coil overs, in the trash, they will beat the mounts out of your car and the leaf is supposed to hold the car up, not the shock.
If it has strong MPH, then there is some positive. If it MPH's like a 14 second car, not good.
It ran pretty much 92mph each pass.

-
Back