440 info.

-

AZ340

Reaction score
I required a 440 a complete engine,it has been setting since 1974, I took it down ,except crank rods pistons. The heads # is 2780915 the block has #s on the block next the dist. that are c440 below that # IS 9-12HP, it all so has HP stamped on heads on the bolt holes. I am new to the 440 thing, the pistons are flat top with out any valve reliefs They have a # L2310 ,it has been bored 0.30. Can anybody tell me is a high compression or what ? Is it a keeper or a ancor? thanks.:cheers:

Thats is without a doubt a keeper...you have the 915 heads, which are the closed chamber heads. It also looks like you may a HP motor. It aint no anchor!

Somebody put the adjustable rockers on it. It came from the factory with stamped steel, hydraulic rockers.

The block is a 67 model. Decent starting point for a build.

You definitely got a keeper or at least big trade bait. I had a set of those 915 heads and a friend saw them and wanted them pretty bad - traded a complete standard bore standard bearing 58 392 Hemi for the heads. Still got the Hemi now sitting completely rebuilt on the stand.

-
Back