4500 stall ??

-

416 scamp

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question,but here it goes. The cam I have in my motor is a 267/274 @ .50 570 solid. The cam calls for a 4500 stall. Do I have to run the stall it calls for or can I run around a 3500 stall. That seems like a lot of stall. Mostly strip, occasional street driving. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Brett.

Its best to call the converter compsnies and talk it over with them. The cam companies recommendation may or may not be right for your exact combo.

I run a 8" converter that flashes to 4000rpms in my car and its not bad on the street. My new motor made peak torque at very high up so would like a 5500 rpm converter better.

A lot of other things will possibly alter this. That stall rpm is for a car that can hook that kind of power at that rpm. If you are tractionally challenged, then a smaller (3500) convertor will let you leave a little softer, lessening wheelspin. But you'll give up some et and a lot of 60 foot.

don

AdamR said:
Its best to call the converter compsnies and talk it over with them. The cam companies recommendation may or may not be right for your exact combo.

I run a 8" converter that flashes to 4000rpms in my car and its not bad on the street. My new motor made peak torque at very high up so would like a 5500 rpm converter better.

i agree with adam...plus im running an 8" 4200 and its fine on the street!! :thumblef:

-
Back