489 Housing?

-

MB43

Reaction score
What's a good price for a bare, reconditioned 489 case?

I have paid $50 for clean bare 489 cases with caps or 489 cases with open diffs and small yokes. $100 for 489 cases with open diffs and big yokes.

I still haven't ordered the DANA...

Walter

mikelbeck said:
What's a good price for a bare, reconditioned 489 case?
What ratio do you need? I have two 3.91 setups: 489 case, big yoke, posi.
$380, come and get one.

BBLM23 said:
I have paid $50 for clean bare 489 cases with caps or 489 cases with open diffs and small yokes. $100 for 489 cases with open diffs and big yokes.
This one is just the bare case... No caps, no diff, gears or yokes. Starting bid is $49, BIN is $85. Too much?

I don't really need one, I don't have an 8-3/4 housing. I was just looking to start gathering parts.

$85 is probably too much. $49 or $50 may be OK, I wouldn't do it. You still have to pay shipping. The good news is you aren't paying to ship stuff you don't need. You will have to buy two Mark Williams caps with bolts, probably good idea anyway, and have them fitted. You also have to find or buy two adjusters and a yoke.
Are you going to Carlisle? No shipping. Bring a cart!

BBLM23 said:
$85 is probably too much. $49 or $50 may be OK, I wouldn't do it. You still have to pay shipping. The good news is you aren't paying to ship stuff you don't need. You will have to buy two Mark Williams caps with bolts, probably good idea anyway, and have them fitted. You also have to find or buy two adjusters and a yoke.
Are you going to Carlisle? No shipping. Bring a cart!
Ok, I'll pass on it then.

I wasn't planning on going to Carlisle... I actually wasn't planning on building a new rear just yet, that item just caught my eye.

Thanks for the info!

Actually, why don't you come up and buy a couple center sections. Then I will have money and motivation to order the DANA. Then you can come up and buy ALL my 8 3/4 stuff...

Mikel,, saw a bare 489 case at the KC show this weekend for 35 bucks. Just thought I'd pass that info along.

-
Back