4spd. console side cover install

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I have a 68 Barracuda 4spd w/console and I`m attempting to install the side cover that hides the exposed part of the lower boot. What`s the deal with this thing,do I carpet the console first then attach it to the side, and carpet it separately? Do I attach it to the console then try to carpet it all? What is the screw hole in the top of it for? Someone out there must have one, or remember this cover. My 69 Dart had one made of a thick paper or something but that was 30 yrs. ago ,and I have no clue now how that thing was installed.Is anybody familiar with the cover I`m referring to?

Now somebody must have had experience with one of these things. Maybe I should have posted this in the body/ interior forum. Any pictures out there?HELP!

I just bought a reproduction fiberglass one off of ebay about a week ago. I would like to know the answer to this question too. There is a guy in my car club that has this on his 68 340 4 speed. I will try to get in touch with him. It could take a month though. I looked at his card board one and I recall that it was under one continuous piece of carpet. That is to say, what I think I remember is one piece of carpet but to be honest I was more focused on what the side cover looked like than how it was covered by carpet. thats about as clear as mud isn't it.

I'll ask some of my other buddies in houston mopar club.

You might call Legendary as I remember there is a different part number for carpeting depending on whether you have a console or not and also whether its auto or 4 speed.

Thank you ! The best I can recall is that there was only one piece of carpet that covers both cover and console, but if I try to do that ,the carpet that I got from YearOne for the console, won`t make it around the entire cover/console. I`d like to do this right if possible, but I may just have to do what works.

-
Back