5.9 Tuning state of the union

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm FINALLY ready to get the EFI installed on my 5.9 Dart.

I'd really like to run a factory 96-newer smpi ecm and wire harness. What's the best way to tune this? I'm running a stock cam for now but would like to install a mild cam in the near future.
Some say Hemifever, some say others are tuning this ecm with good results. What's the most flexible option? I want to be able to modify tables myself, not just download maps.

Thanks in advance!!

If you want to pump it up (cam etc) and tune it, I don't know why you want a factory system. Holley HP you can buy what you want, you don't HAVE to buy the entire system. Do your research. You will have to sub some of the components for "GM style" components such as temp senders, and will have to buy a wideband sender (not a complete wideband with gauge) that matches the Holley.

There are other ways to fly. Megasquirt, and I don't know what all

Hp tuners is your best bet. Other than that it’s hemifever or an sct programmer. Contact FlyinRyanPerformance. Ryan is the jtec
Master.

If you want to pump it up (cam etc) and tune it, I don't know why you want a factory system. Holley HP you can buy what you want, you don't HAVE to buy the entire system. Do your research. You will have to sub some of the components for "GM style" components such as temp senders, and will have to buy a wideband sender (not a complete wideband with gauge) that matches the Holley.

There are other ways to fly. Megasquirt, and I don't know what all

The only reason I don't is because I'm trying to keep it as "OEM" to one vehicle as possible.

I tune these via SCT or HPTuners. Am intimately familiar with the JTEC controller, the fastest JTEC controlled Magnum, Jeep I6, and Viper V10 are tuned by yours truly. I can help.

I tune these via SCT or HPTuners. Am intimately familiar with the JTEC controller, the fastest JTEC controlled Magnum, Jeep I6, and Viper V10 are tuned by yours truly. I can help.
Welcome aboard!

I thought you were a member here. So glad to see you post.

-
Back