/6-904 to 360-727

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My slant six needs a rebuild its low on compression and burning oil. Stop by the machine shop and he thinks it will be 600-800 dollars in machine work. Plus rebuild kit and assembly. Probably 1400-1600 when done. So I bought a 1973 360/727 with around 80,000+ miles for 300.00 bucks. This is my first attempt at this so I know I know i need radiator, fan shroud, disk brakes, shorter drive shaft, rear end, and probably going with the schumacher mounts, car oil pan and pick up. Unless a K-member with disk brakes turns up. What other advise can you guys give me. I know this has been done a million times. I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

The guys I bought it off of said it ran fine when he pulled it from the 1ton RV. He mention flushing the block and replacing the freeze plugs as a good insurance for cooling issues made sense. Is there any other things you guys recommend? How about the exhaust manifolds? Can i use the ones on the motor or do i need headers?

A lot of questions guys...Sorry

Attachments

• photo (40).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 138
Subframe connectors, better brakes, and the typical electrical upgrades ( read MADD's info for a start)

Attachments

• 1968 Barracuda Convertible 003 (Large).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3278 (Large).jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 113
You have a Mopar factory console shifter? If so, make sure the new trans has the holes on the bottom of the trans for the shifter shaft bracket

The K member "can be" a whole separate "deal" from the rest of the brakes / suspension

Example, my car...........I could not do things "all at once" so I converted to a late 73/ 74 K and put all the old 67 suspension on, temporarily, except for the oddball 67 idler, part of the reason, LOL

Now is the time to worry about a K because you either need a V8 K or to spend money on /6 - to - V8 "swap" brackets. Spool mounts are far superior and actually easier to come by so far as engine mounts/ brackets

You might be surprised.........if the /6 radiator is in good shape, and the 360 fairly mild, it just might cool it "for now."

-
Back