/6 tranny

-
Sure, in fact, they made 2 different ones for that model. The top cover 903 which was used in the column shift cars (a piece of junk IMO) and the 230 side cover, floor shift transmission which was also used behind the V8's. It's a very good transmission.

if you have an auto set up now and your looking to go stick, dont waste your time with the three speed...

as your going thru all the work to swap just get a 4 speed...

Yeah its not just going to slip in there and be ready to go. There are a lot of things to cover to go from an Auto to a Stick.

if you have an auto set up now and your looking to go stick, dont waste your time with the three speed...

as your going thru all the work to swap just get a 4 speed...

A 4 speed would be nice, but if it was me, I'd go for the 4 speed Overdrive, especially with a /6. Originally used in Dart Lites and Feather Dusters in the early 70's. Later used in Volares/Aspens. I see them at the larger Mopar swap meets for $100-150. One of the shafts rode directly in the aluminum case and might be worn, but that can be bushed if need be.

Chrysler used to advertise the /6 Dart Lites and FD's at 30 MPG. Your results may vary :yawinkle:

I got one of the 3 speeds from a column shift car behind the garage. Does not do you much good as I am in the Pacific North West....shipping would be $$$$

A 4 speed would be nice, but if it was me, I'd go for the 4 speed Overdrive, especially with a /6. Originally used in Dart Lites and Feather Dusters in the early 70's. Later used in Volares/Aspens. I see them at the larger Mopar swap meets for $100-150. One of the shafts rode directly in the aluminum case and might be worn, but that can be bushed if need be.

Chrysler used to advertise the /6 Dart Lites and FD's at 30 MPG. Your results may vary :yawinkle:

well for a milage car yea the OD would be nice but i wasn't thinking along those lines lol

good call... alot cheaper to

-
Back