'60 Dart clutch question...

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

This is for sure an "early" question but don't know if a '60 counts as an A, think it probably doesn't but you guys know a lot, so here goes:

One of my youtube subscriptions is replacing the clutch in a 1960 Dart Seneca, slant 6, three speed.

They ordered a clutch, supposed to be base model, whatver that is. Got it, but the new clutch is at least an inch larger than the old, and the throwout bearing is about 2 inches shorter(the old one appears to have a housing about 3 inches long.

Can anyone tell me what clutch they need to order? I'm sure they'll appreciate it and I'll direct them to the site in the future.

Thanks..

Your car is a B-body. They made two different size clutches for that car. Just order the appropriate one. If you have a clutch builder in your area, take your old one to them and have it rebuilt.

Throwout bearings are generally the same. 10 years ago most came with the housing/body/adaptor (or whatever you call it) that attaches to the throwout fork. Now you only get the bearing and have to remove your old one from the cast iron housing/body/adapter and press on the new one. Hope he didn't throw his old one away.

-
Back