62 valiant /6 turbo build

-
Thanks everyone for the kind words and interest in my build its been a learning experience for me and hopefully everybody that's read this might take something from this

I'm glad to report I was able to install the hood without having to put a hood scoop on the car I did have to cut some of the webbing out of the underside of the hood my carb hat was making contact with the webbing
I'm in the process of putting the front end trim and bumper on the car once I get some off the little pieces back on the car ill take some updated pics for everyone to see
Stay tuned for some video of the TOAD in action I hoping to get the car into the alignment shop next week then maybe I can start tuning and then I can CRANK UP THE BOOST
Aaron

Thanks everyone for the kind words and interest in my build its been a learning experience for me and hopefully everybody that's read this might take something from this

I'm glad to report I was able to install the hood without having to put a hood scoop on the car I did have to cut some of the webbing out of the underside of the hood my carb hat was making contact with the webbing
I'm in the process of putting the front end trim and bumper on the car once I get some off the little pieces back on the car ill take some updated pics for everyone to see
Stay tuned for some video of the TOAD in action I hoping to get the car into the alignment shop next week then maybe I can start tuning and then I can CRANK UP THE BOOST
Aaron

RE: "then I can CRANK UP THE BOOST."

I think you're gonna like it.... :)

I got a couple things done today
Installed temp prob but still have to mount temp gauge
Finished plumbing water lines for my intake Manifold
I got a complete red dash with bulk head connection so i striped the needed parts and completed installation of my instrument cluster I even got a original radio with the bezel:blob:
I have also did a temp change to the fuel system and will complete it on Wednesday I'm planning on starting it back up tomorrow with the carb and turbo changes and if all goes well I might beable to lock the timing down and start tuning :burnout:

Getting closer by the day:happy1:

I got a couple things done today
Installed temp prob but still have to mount temp gauge
Finished plumbing water lines for my intake Manifold
I got a complete red dash with bulk head connection so i striped the needed parts and completed installation of my instrument cluster I even got a original radio with the bezel:blob:
I have also did a temp change to the fuel system and will complete it on Wednesday I'm planning on starting it back up tomorrow with the carb and turbo changes and if all goes well I might beable to lock the timing down and start tuning :burnout:

Getting closer by the day:happy1:

Aeron,

Isn't it just amazing, how MANY details there are to take care of, when building a car from the ground-up, like this?

And, they are ALL "time-consuming."

:wack:

A radio? A RADIO??? LOL!!!

You break me up!!!

M
That's incorrect (typo.)

Ours is 210/210, not 210/219.

Sorry I didn't catch it sooner.:eek:ops:

Bill didn't you tell once that you and Freddie had a extra cam ground also I'm thinking the rocker arms made a difference personal but it's just my opinion

M

Bill didn't you tell once that you and Freddie had a extra cam ground also I'm thinking the rocker arms made a difference personal but it's just my opinion

Aaron,

You have a good memory!!

Yes, I have a 210/220 Comp cam (same lift and lobe separation) to install after we get a baseline with this one.

Also, our 1.6:1 rockers will be done (welded) SOMEDAY, and we can try them as well...

I personally don't think with boost to play with, that those things are going to make much difference, but, who knows??? Not me...

Thanks for asking...:cheers:

Aaron,

You have a good memory!!

Yes, I have a 210/220 Comp cam (same lift and lobe separation) to install after we get a baseline with this one.

Also, our 1.6:1 rockers will be done (welded) SOMEDAY, and we can try them as well...

I personally don't think with boost to play with, that those things are going to make much difference, but, who knows??? Not me...

Thanks for asking...:cheers:

Yah Bill the rockers may or may not make a difference my thinking is why have a cam ground to a certain spec at a certain rocker arm ratio if you can't utilize to its fullest.
One of these days ill set down at my work bench and finish the other six that i haven't had the spare time to tig weld up, I sure wish we had a tig welder at work it would make life just Alittle bit easier.
It doesn't look like I'll have a chance to get the car down to the alignment shop this week I didn't get the chance to go pick up my car hauler and take it down and get some rubber put on it.... It's always something

Yah Bill the rockers may or may not make a difference my thinking is why have a cam ground to a certain spec at a certain rocker arm ratio if you can't utilize to its fullest.
One of these days ill set down at my work bench and finish the other six that i haven't had the spare time to tig weld up, I sure wish we had a tig welder at work it would make life just Alittle bit easier.
It doesn't look like I'll have a chance to get the car down to the alignment shop this week I didn't get the chance to go pick up my car hauler and take it down and get some rubber put on it.... It's always something

Aaron,

Freddie fabbed a 2 1/2" exhaust pipe onto a plate that mounts to the header on the turbo-mount flange; it replaces the turbo with a simple flange welded to a U-bend that runs down and back under the car to a glasspack; a temporary street exhaust system for driving to the alignment and paint shops while the fuel system was not completely squared-away (it is, now.)...

It's a hoot because the tranny has a fullly manual valve body (no governor) and runs maximum throttle presssure at all times. This makes for some really severe, tire squalling upshifts, into 2nd AND 3rd (3.55:1 gears) even at part-throttle... LOL!

I haven't driven it yet, but Freddie says it feels like it would run 14's WITHOUT the turbo... but, that's just a guess.

At any rate, not having a car hauler at this time, has resulted in our driving it some on the street. It runs OK. The mild cam duration and 3.55 gears, coupled with the light (2,680 pounds) weight, make it a lot like driving a stock 225 Valiant (except for the tire-chirping shifts.)

We're painting the fiberglass hood right now; the paint shop wanted $250.00 to shoot it with some flat black.... screw that. I'll rattle-can paint it and use that $250.00 to put a spool in it. It's going to need one, I have the feeling, along with a 250-pound back bumper... LOL!

Dream on, Bill.... LOL!

Well all I think I tracked down my little ignition problem that's been hampering my progress for the last couple weeks the pertronix dizzy I was running crapped out on me so it gave me the chance to upgrade my ignition to a HEI style ignition. I purchased a kit from member TrailBeast he's a good guy to deal with I'd recommend him to anybody. I haven't had the chance to fire the motor back up im in the process of installing a tubular lower rad support but im hoping to have the done by the weekend.
I'll get some pics up in the next couple days and possibly a new video with the new ignition
Thanks everybody for there interests :happy1:
Aaron

Well all I think I tracked down my little ignition problem that's been hampering my progress for the last couple weeks the pertronix dizzy I was running crapped out on me so it gave me the chance to upgrade my ignition to a HEI style ignition. I purchased a kit from member TrailBeast he's a good guy to deal with I'd recommend him to anybody. I haven't had the chance to fire the motor back up im in the process of installing a tubular lower rad support but im hoping to have the done by the weekend.
I'll get some pics up in the next couple days and possibly a new video with the new ignition
Thanks everybody for there interests :happy1:
Aaron

That's great news, Aaron!!!:cheers:

Keep us posted!

I had a chance to get the lower rad support welded in but i still need to weld some mounting tabs in for the lower valance and the center link

IMG_20120907_183205.jpg

IMG_20120907_183209.jpg

I'm hoping to get the TOAD running again this weekend ill keep you guys and gals posted

This is the first time the valiant moved under its own power the timing is off but here you go

[ame="http://youtu.be/C2K1XFLxZFI"]302 Found[/ame]

-
Back