63 dodge dart drive door rattles

-

Hideogumperjr

Reaction score
My convertible driver door rattles and when closed fully, from the outside I can push the door in and out at least a half inch or more.
The passenger door closes fully but does not allow me to push it like the drivers side. I realize that the drivers door has been opened way more than the passengers so is worn to a much greater degree.
Question is will a new door gasket seal fix this or is there more adjustment involved. I also see there is a black plate at the top on the body side where the door hits it. It has a slot where the rear window also slides through it.
Any idea on best place to get quality parts for this seal and part?
Thanks for info and advice, yall.
John

that's not a simple answer--- post some pictures of your door & seals up.
Do you have a 63 manual? it has adjustment procedures for the door.
Most likely new door weather strip would help -- then re-adjust the door mechanical s & you should be good. As long as nothing is totally wore out.

how bad are your seals now?
is your striker contact loose?(possibly moved from use)
A little time & that door will shut as good as new, Lawrence

Of course I would be looking for a simple answer, tighten this one screw here and it will get 120 miles per gallon, wont pollute and look brand new!
Ill get some pictures posted this weekend.
Thanks!

Try readjusting the striker first. If the door opening seals are pounded out, that may be where some of the extra clearence is.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone have a good place to get good fitting seals? Seems there are some posters that have had pretty bad experience with seals and window rubber.
Thanks again!
John

Check with Daunte's , Dales cuda shop (board sponsors). I think they all will be a crap shoot-- go with the company that will provide service after the sale!!

start a new thread or search for your specific vehicle weather strip issues-- someone will have an experience that will assist you, Lawrence

-
Back