[FOR SALE] 63 Dodge Dart w/ 340 X code and A833

-

Kavo44

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Sorry for the ruckus I caused this morning. Here are some photos of the car taken in 2002 and 2003. I am trying to get current photos ASAP.

Ok so I am finally ready to sell the project car I was working on in High School that never got finished. In 2001 my uncle found a barn clean 63 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible. I wanted to create a resto mod so in 2002 I began working on it. The car is red with a white top and was super clean. The only rust spots were on the top of the fenders above the wheel. The lacquer paint polished up to a gorgeous shine. You can before and after in the photos. The slant 6 three on the tree combo was not what I had in mind so I began to source parts for a much quicker combo. Started with new leafs and slapper bars and finned aluminum wheels to fit the 5 x 4 bolt pattern. I obtained a 1968 340 X code and a 1968 A-833 Close Ratio (No OD) Short Tailshaft 4 speed. I completely stripped the block down and had it cleaned and magafluxed to confirm everthing was in good working order. The cylinders were straight and just needed a light honing. The deck had a small warp and was taken down a little bit to straighten it out. The heads were rebuilt by Headmasters in Saddle Brook, NJ. The bottom end is all forged pieces. New bearings and rings were put in, along with a custom ground 3/4 race cam from the crane. I still have the spec sheet somewhere. A lakewood blowproof bellhousing connected the motor and trans and contained the new aluminum flywheel and McCleod race (3 finger) clutch. The 340 was topped off with a Victor high-rise single plane. The motor and trans were installed in the car with Schumacher mounts and that is where I stopped. I ran out of time in the summer of 2003 and went off to school in Boston. Additional parts I purchased for the car but did not install include a Be Cool Aluminum radiator, electric fan, and MSD 6AL ignition/coil/distributor. The car has sat like that in my dad's garage the past 21 years. I have a family now and no room or time to bring the project up to Boston. It kills me to have to walk away from this project, but the reality is someone needs to finish her, and it is not going to be me anytime soon. My brother is working on getting some current pictures. I have some actual photos in an album that I am going to scan in and post here soon. Asking $7,500 obo. Thanks for reading,
Chris

IMG_20240531_115029.jpg

IMG_20240531_115033.jpg

IMG_20240531_115038.jpg

IMG_20240531_115043.jpg

IMG_20240531_115048.jpg

IMG_20240531_115057.jpg

In your description you said you would post some more current pictures. Just wondering if you got any from your brother ? Also is it still available ?
Thanks

I do not have any new pictures to share yet. My brother has been too busy(or so he says). The car is still available. I can arrange for it to be shown asap by my dad for any interested buyers. Thank you for the interest.

I can wait. I'm 8hrs away so I would like to see some recent pictures first. At your convenience as I understand that people have other things going on in their lives. Thanks.

So I lit a fire under under my brother's @__ and he ran over and got me a couple of photos of the car as it sits today. You can still see the shine on the trunk!! I am hoping to get additional and better photos soon! Thank you to everyone for your patience.

IMG_20240626_093838.jpg

IMG_20240626_093849.jpg

-
Back