64 barracuda 4spd trans

-

luis9995

Reaction score
anyine know if the 64 barracuda 4 speed trans will go onto any other years like like a 70 or 71 a body? I know I'm 64 they were put on small blocks even tho they were 4 spds. Also I know the tail shaft has a ball and trunion. Just want to know if it'll go into a 70 or 71 or other year a bodies? I was selling it but someone wants to buy the bell housing off me for $100 I figured I would ask $200 for the entire transmission with trans crossmember and bellhousing. But if it wouldn't fit then I don't want to sell the parts on it seperately

The trans and bell housing will fit 64-66. The trans will fit any A body but you would need the driveshaft to match.

The trans and bell housing will fit 64-66. The trans will fit any A body but you would need the driveshaft to match.
So if I sell the bell housing that trans can fit into any other a body including a 440 car?

So if I sell the bell housing that trans can fit into any other a body including a 440 car?
The A833 had a small (A904 sized) tailshaft in the early A's, it will go into an A904 equipped car A or F body w/o problem, I put one behind a 383 w/NOS in
an F-M-J ex POPO cruiser, still in one piece. That was after I put it in My '69 dart w/a cammed 318,.......................
Bellhousing wise, it depends on the specific one in the car, & early models used a smaller(less desirable) dia. clutch assy., so even if it had a mounting or available
bracket to use in a later A, it wouldn't be a popular effort.

-
Back