[WANTED] 64 barracuda wiper motor

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in need of a variable speed wiper motor for my 64 Barracuda.
There is no such thing as a variable motor. I biught an aftermarket for 42 buck on EBay. I dont know if it will work for a 64, it worked on my 69 Cuda. You will need a variable switch or ad an inline rheostat. See my post. schematics are there

Could the problem be the wiper switch or the wiper motor or the wiring in between the two? I believe I have a correct motor in storage.

1 speed to variable.jpg
If the aftermarket Wiper motor will mount and the Arm attachment is the same you can use one. I bought one till I can rebuild my OEM. There are only 4 wires coming. This will work for you. There is no such thing as a Variable motor. The speed is controlled by the rheostat built in to the switch. My post explains it all.

So,no matter what wiper switch I have,the motor is the same?
Good to know,still need a motor.

Last edited:
So, no matter what wiper switch I have,the motor is the same?
Good to know,still need a motor.
Yes the motor wiring are all the same. It is in the switch and wiring. I bought a cheap aftermarket and it workes perfect until I can rebuild my numbers matching motor. Go to Rock auto and get the part numbers for your application and then check Ebay. That's what I did and it was 42 bucks.

These are pictures of a varible speed wiper motor from a 64-66 A body that I sent you the PM about note it has 2 wire connectors a single speed will only have 1 Note the part number ERQ4006 should be the same as yours

20210329_182444.jpg

20210329_182730.jpg

20210329_182539.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back