64 Dodge Dart 4 door

-

Zomvii

Reaction score
I have a 64 dodge dart and i had a question:
My dodge dart has drum brakes, and i was wondering if it could be possible and should i change the brakes to disk brakes? I am new to this so i would appreciate any information.

Easy swap. I just did a swap on my 65 and used M body spindles with 73 and later A body upper control arms. You may have to use offset upper control arm bushings if you go the same route.

There a few different approaches to doing disk brakes. I used all 73-76 Dart parts on my 65. I think there are some places now that sell disk brake kits...ie...scarebird.

There are no negatives unless you'll miss that rush when you step on the brakes and feel that cool fading factor and hoping you'll stop. It's been one of the best things that I did to my 65. You will have to change from SBP wheels to LBP wheels and go to 14" wheels.

Look at the Wilwood system in PST catalog. I recall ~$600 for front disks w/o MC etc. A full system w/ 4-wheel disks, MC, etc ~$1600. Cheapest is the 73+ Dart disk swap but requires new wheels and BBP rear-end (or 2 spare tires). Scarebird is the cheapest off-the-shelp way to stay SBP.

-
Back