65 A833 / 904 length difference?

-

Patrick

Reaction score
Sorry to double post, but thought that this may be the better place to ask the question... have a stock 7.25" rear and 904 in my 65 valiant now... Was told by a member here (340Mopar) that when I install my early abody 8.75", I will need to shorten the driveshaft by 2.25". My question is will this driveshaft still work when I eventually install my 65 A833?
thanks!

You will need to get a new slip yoke for the end of the drive shaft that fits into the tranny. The 3pd manuals and A904 have a smaller output shaft on the tranny than the A833 and 727. As long as you have an A833 for an A-body then the drive shaft length will be OK.

dgc333 is right on the trans yokes, but I will add if your car (being it is a '65) has the flanged front joint the front joints are the same for both the manual and automatic transmissions.

yes, both trannies are 65 so they both have the flanged output... So the overall tranny lengths are the same, right?

the overall lengths were about the same (real close if not exact) for slip yoke versions. I assume the same holds true for flange outputs.

kchristopher said:
the overall lengths were about the same (real close if not exact) for slip yoke versions. I assume the same holds true for flange outputs.
You are correct as long as the 833 is an a-body 833. The b-body 833 is the same length as the 727.

-
Back