65 Barracuda Gutters

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me first how to remove the trim from the gutters over the doors? The other question thing is the paint appears to be cracked in the gutters. How to I deal with that?

Take a 1" wooden down and rest it on the bottom of the trim from inside the car. Tap it with a hammer, once it has detached continue to work it along the length of the trim to completely remove it. there is a sealant in the "gutter" it's pretty tough stuff, I have been unable to remove it all but that is probably what is cracked

How did you remove what you have. I was thinking a scrapper about the right width and then a sanding block for what was left.

By the way Howya dooing ehh? Dontcha know. My ex wife is from northern Wisconsin and here father listened to a comedy group called the yoopers.

How did you remove what you have. I was thinking a scrapper about the right width and then a sanding block for what was left.

By the way Howya dooing ehh? Dontcha know. My ex wife is from northern Wisconsin and here father listened to a comedy group called the yoopers.
Ha HA Yeah I know a couple of those guys in the yoopers band.

I used a flat tip screwdriver got under it and pushed it along. I'm having difficulty with the section along the a pillar, the stuff has a good grip in there. I would like to replace with the same stuff so if you find out where to get it let me know.

I was told by an old time restorer to use a paintable caulk and your finger tip to form the "gutter".

Paintable calk is usually latex and I don't want something so easily damaged. I may use bedliner, it's tough as nails and will hold up over time.

That might actually look really good as long as you tape off nicely. It could give the car a bit of a frame.

-
Back