65 barracuda needs help !!!!

-

la2alle

Bad Fish 65
Reaction score
my transmission seems to shudder a little bit when i take off till it hits second gear,it is an automatic 904,with a 273 motor.I had an old chrysler mechanic come by a car show were my car was,he asked my to turn it on and told me that he hears the torque convertor making noise.He says sometimes the have a bolt that loosens up.Any suggestion would be appreciated.

la2alle said:
my transmission seems to shudder a little bit when i take off till it hits second gear,it is an automatic 904,with a 273 motor.I had an old chrysler mechanic come by a car show were my car was,he asked my to turn it on and told me that he hears the torque convertor making noise.He says sometimes the have a bolt that loosens up.Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Yeah sounds like the torque convertor to me or loose bolt. When you said shudder that is what I was having once in a Ford truck until I replaced the torque convertor. If you have to replace the torque convertor go ahead and replace the front seal of the transmission while you right there at it. Maybe it is a loose bolt but I've never read or heard of a loose bolt causing a shudder.

-
Back