65 Barracuda rear wheel arch repairs

-

Adrian Worman

Reaction score
It's been a few months but now my Challenger is in good shape for the British summer(?!!!!) I can turn my attention to the 65 Barracuda.
Shells been stripped and the floorpans and rear arches are the only major areas, floorpans I'll just get made but the wheel arch repair panels will be harder. I've trawler the web looking for panels but I cant find them, I thought Laysons did them but can't find them on their website.
Any ideas please? TIA

I bought mine from laysons last fall. The passenger (RH) side panel was a very nicely stamped piece. The driver (LH) side panel was not as nice, but much better than a rusted out wheelarch that got repaired poorly in the 1970's. Both sides with shipping to central united states was about $380.

I believe they are 33 inches long, but that is just what my memory says. They go vertically from the panel seam in front of the wheel up appoximately 15 inches and stop approximately 4 inches behind the wheel. It includes most of wheel arch.

When I was panel shopping they had wheel arch patch panels and lower 1/4 patch panels listed. In my opinion the lower 1/4 was a waste of money. It is a panel that has a simple single curve and can be faked with sheet metal. The wheel arch is a compound curved complicated panel. I painted my 65 valiant in 2002 and just fiberglassed the rust on the wheel arches and it rusted out again. So for my second try I bought the panels and will rustproof everything.

Laysons online catalog is kinda crummy and many will warn you of their customer service, but I found you the part numbers

Lh side KK-635WPL
RH side KK-635WPR
Both sides KK-635WPP

When you bring it up on their webpage there is a small icon next to the part number that will bring up a picture. My 1 time dealing with them I had no problems.

-
Back