-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I am in search of the shifter plate for my '65 Barracuda 4 speed. Also the original wood steering wheel for that car.
Trying to get the car back to stock as possible.
Thank you
Rjg

If your looking for the chrome bezel I believe Classic Indutries has them repopped.

Sorry can't help you on the shifter plate but I can give you some advice about your steering wheel. I am 99% sure that the steering wheel that came with your car (is the same that came with my car) and it is not a wood steering wheel (I am pretty sure those did not come until 68 or 69 I believe). What you and I am both should have is a cast plastic (large) steering wheel with a valiant symbol in the center ring with a large chrome 1/2 circle horn ring on the inside. I actually still have the outer portion of my steering will but do not have the chrome horn ring. What you will find is that the stock steering wheel should match the color of the dash and interior. In my case it is gold (and I still have that steering wheel). What I did is I took a grant GT steering wheel and had it painted (by a body shop) to match the color of the dash and clearcoated and it looks totally amazing. What I like is that it has the appearance or illusion of looking stock but it is less dorky than the Giant steering wheel that actually came on the car I also had them put a picture of my dad while he was in the Navy in the center and clearcoat over that as well. I would be happy to send you pictures of my old steering well and the new aftermarket steering will to give you some ideas if you like. I also have located the original brochures for our 65 barracudas and can email you JPEG's of what those brochures look like. I have also found three or four awesome websites for decoding our fender tags and if you would like I can help you decode your fender tag if you have not already done so. I am getting you must have the "formula s"package since you were looking for a four-speed?

The 4-speed shifter bezel in nice condition are difficult to find, hopefully someone can help, just be patient one should show up.
Sounds like you are looking for the optional faux wood grain three spoke steering wheel, if you still have it there are guys that restore them. Nice driver quality used show up forsake occasionally too.

Sorry can't help you on the shifter plate but I can give you some advice about your steering wheel. I am 99% sure that the steering wheel that came with your car (is the same that came with my car) and it is not a wood steering wheel (I am pretty sure those did not come until 68 or 69 I believe). What you and I am both should have is a cast plastic (large) steering wheel with a valiant symbol in the center ring with a large chrome 1/2 circle horn ring on the inside. I actually still have the outer portion of my steering will but do not have the chrome horn ring. What you will find is that the stock steering wheel should match the color of the dash and interior. In my case it is gold (and I still have that steering wheel). What I did is I took a grant GT steering wheel and had it painted (by a body shop) to match the color of the dash and clearcoated and it looks totally amazing. What I like is that it has the appearance or illusion of looking stock but it is less dorky than the Giant steering wheel that actually came on the car I also had them put a picture of my dad while he was in the Navy in the center and clearcoat over that as well. I would be happy to send you pictures of my old steering well and the new aftermarket steering will to give you some ideas if you like. I also have located the original brochures for our 65 barracudas and can email you JPEG's of what those brochures look like. I have also found three or four awesome websites for decoding our fender tags and if you would like I can help you decode your fender tag if you have not already done so. I am getting you must have the "formula s"package since you were looking for a four-speed?

Thanks for the input.
I have a '65 Formula 'S', and thought the wood steering wheel was standard. If not then I would appreciate seeing which wheel came with the 'S' car that year.
Thank you,
Richard

Thanks for the input.
I have a '65 Formula 'S', and thought the wood steering wheel was standard. If not then I would appreciate seeing which wheel came with the 'S' car that year.
Thank you,
Richard

The faux woodgrain sports steering wheel was optional on the Signet and Valiant 200, Barracuda, Dart GT and Dart270. Otherwise they got the standard steering wheel in interior color with either a half horn ring (I think) or the full circle horn ring. The woodgrain wheel had a fancy chromed horn button with either the 65 V emblem, or in 66 with the stylized Plymouth rocket emblem or for Dodge, the Dodge emblem. The horn button was actually quite a bit bigger than a horn button.

If you're looking for the 65 Valiant/Barracuda woodgrain sports steering wheel, drop me a PM as I have several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back