65 Barracuda Torsion Bar Crossmember

-

schlockrod

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in new england, and on the fence about my rebuild(and whether or not it's worth the time and effort to undertake). my problem areas seem to be the floor pans, which HARDLY exist, as well as the Torsion Bar Crossmember (TBC). I've been able to locate the replacement floor panels, but cannot find a replacement TBC. the closest i have come is Safe-T-Cap capping system from rhode island. The issue is that the caps (picture 1) don't seem to solve my problem of a rotted TBC (picture 2) as it's too far up into the curve for the trans tunnel.

Which leads to my question; does anyone know where an entire TBC can be found, and if not, will the E/B body TBCs fit with some trimming/customization? I've tried to comb the forum before I posted, and couldn't seem to find anything on the subject, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Collin

Attachments

• safetcap.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 124
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 132
No repros just used that someone has cut out. I suspect 67-up might not work without mods to make it fit the early A chassis. B/E's no way. I think you really need one from an early A. If you can wait a bit, I will be cutting up a 65 Dart.

I have a really nice one half drilled out of a floorpan! Ill try to get it finished up this weekend and message back! Geof

-
Back