65 Dart 4 speed bezel mount question

-

Firstblood

Reaction score
My 65 Dart 4 speed hump has the front mount for the bezel screw but how is the rear screw supposed to mount?
Currently the boot retainer has a riveted on homemade bracket for the rear screw.
What does the factory rear mount look like?
Internet searched have turned up nothing and I can't even find a boot retainer that looks like mine.
Any pics or info is appreciated
IMG_1405.JPG
IMG_1406.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG
IMG_1409.JPG

I've no idea what the little bracket is in the last 2 pics. Not sure that should be there.

The way I've uninstalled/installed mine is fairly simple. Put the boot on the shifter. Mount the shifter and torque the bolts. Screw down the boot and screw down the bezel.
20241006_090001.jpg
20241006_090010.jpg

Mine needs a new boot the heat in the desert is brutal on rubber parts...

I've no idea what the little bracket is in the last 2 pics. Not sure that should be there.

The way I've uninstalled/installed mine is fairly simple. Put the boot on the shifter. Mount the shifter and torque the bolts. Screw down the boot and screw down the bezel.
View attachment 1716312350View attachment 1716312351
Mine needs a new boot the heat in the desert is brutal on rubber parts...

Hi I made my shifter cover out of vinyl fabric because the 1965 barracuda formulas 4speed donor car I purchased back in 1987 had a leather cover instead of rubber cover so I removed the cover and traced around it and hand sawed my own it looks real good to my brother

-
Back