65 Dart Non AC Heater to 66 Dart with AC

-
Will a 65 Dart Non AC Heater fit into a to 66 Dart with AC Heater?

If all the underdash HVAC components are removed, it should bolt in. You will also need the non-AC controls.

Any mods needed to the firewall?

The AC blower motor is larger than the non-AC motor so the firewall opening for the motor is also larger. You’ll need to Fabricate some kind of adapter to fill in the difference between the two. You’ll need a plug for where the evaporator lines come through the firewall.

If I remember correctly, the bulk head wiring connector is turned sideways on the a/c firewall . Not sure if it has to be done that way to clearance the hvac unit

If I remember correctly, the bulk head wiring connector is turned sideways on the a/c firewall . Not sure if it has to be done that way to clearance the hvac unit

Due to the interference with the slant rotating rod throttle system, the factory HVAC-equipped 65/66 A Bodies needed to use the V8 cable-style throttle which also resulted in rotating the bulkhead connector 90 degrees for clearance. If the HVAC system is swapped for a heater unit only, it won’t matter about the orientation of the bulkhead or gas pedal

If you can modify the firewall I guess anything is possible . the blower fan is in the wrong position as well as the size is different . Swapping controls is needed . My question is "Why". an aftermarket heater/defroster is a lot less hassle and is 100% more efficient .

I understand that even within the 1965 year, the bulkhead varied significantly between AC and non-AC cars. Modification requires a lot of cutting and patching. Some have replaced the entire firewall. If you have a 1966 AC climate box and don't want AC, why not just open it and remove the evaporator?

I understand that even within the 1965 year, the bulkhead varied significantly between AC and non-AC cars. Modification requires a lot of cutting and patching. Some have replaced the entire firewall. If you have a 1966 AC climate box and don't want AC, why not just open it and remove the evaporator?

I still have it and I will consider that too. It's so dam bulky I cut off the AC part, but a little welding and fabrication should make it work!

I still have it and I will consider that too. It's so dam bulky I cut off the AC part, but a little welding and fabrication should make it work!

Will you sell me the AC unit and assorted accessories for the AC!!!!!!!!

-
Back