'65 dart pedals

-

coolhandluke

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got a set of pedals for my '65 dart from a great guy off here, and before I put them in I want to make sure I'm not going to have to take them back out. The brake pedal is a little sticky, and I wanted to know if there's a rebuild kit for these (haven't found one at brewers or anywhere), or if I can just grease them and go
Thanks guys!

I had mine in my 65 dart for 15 years and it never got, sticky? Is there excessive play or slop in the shaft? If not its probably dry as hell, hit it with some lithium grease and slap it in.

no play or slop in the shaft at all, the brake pedal just doesn't swing freely when pushing it back and forth. I'll give the lithium grease a shot

Yea maybe hit it with some brake clean to degunk it then hit it with a good spray grease with a tube and try to get it in all the tight areas. That should do it.

Well, I decided to just go ahead and take it apart and see how the plastic bushings were The .500" shaft on the clutch pedal was corroded a bit, so I took some 600 grit sandpaper and it cleaned it right up. But the .500/.560 plastic bushings are worn pretty bad, but brewers has them. does anyone know if the brake pedal is on another shaft on these? There's a bolt holding what looks like another bigger shaft that the brake pedal rides on and the clutch pedal goes in.
By the way, putting nickels between the coils on the clutch pedal spring works very well to get it off

-
Back