'65 Valiant LS Swap Update

-

JGizmo

Reaction score
Hey all, I thought I'd give a little update on my progress with the Valiant. I started it up for the first time today, and everything went pretty well! I unfortunately didn't get any videos, but I'll probably post some once I've spent some time tuning. I also seem to have a vacuum leak somewhere that's causing a pretty high idle. I've laid out all of the wiring for the engine (Holley Terminator X), but still have to go through and wire up front lights. Tanks Inc makes an EFI tank and an in-tank pump + sender that fits the car, so that saved me from having to modify my original tank. I've still got to mess with my clutch pedal/pushrod assembly and set up the cooling system before the car is drivable, but for now this is how it sits:

IMG_5717.jpg
I had to run the stock truck manifolds upside down as they don't fit otherwise, though I have heard that s10 LS swap manifolds may have a shot at fitting.

IMG_5718.jpg
The manifold probably comes within 10 thousands of an inch from the fender well, but hopefully this will just be temporary.
IMG_8782.JPG

This is an old photo but I don't think I've shared a picture of the whole car before. Anyway, I'll link some videos in the next few days if I get this thing to idle a little better!

Last edited:
This is awesome. Did you use a 5.3? Manual steering. Power steering with that would be awesome. Dream setup for me. Otherwise I love 318's LOL

This is awesome. Did you use a 5.3? Manual steering. Power steering with that would be awesome. Dream setup for me. Otherwise I love 318's LOL
Thanks! I made a post that goes more in depth a while back, it's a 6.0 LQ9 out of an '04 Escalade. I put an LS9 cam in it, did some valve train upgrades, and ported the oil pump. I also gave it an ls6 intake- but that was more for hood clearance than anything lol. I don't have power steering or brakes so it should be interesting to drive. 1965 Valiant LS Build

-
Back