66 Barracuda owners... Wheel question

-

Glow Worm

"Not Your Grandmaw's 318"
Reaction score
What is the widest wheel/biggest tire you are running on your UNMODIFIED
rear wheel openings?
I'm thinking about getting some adapters to go from the 4" SBP up to the 4.5" BBP wheels so I can go to a bigger/wider rear wheel/tire combination.
How much space will the adapter take up?
Would I be better off buying the Wheel Vintiques 4" SBP wheels that are wider?
I'm thinking I could go from the current 5.5 inch wide wheel up to the 7 inch wide wheel with no problem, but I wonder if the 8 inch wide would fit?
NOTE: I'm not racing, and I probably won't be driving the car more than 150 miles one way at any given time. Should adapters be ok? / safe?

THANKS!

I have 15x7 wheels all the way around. I changed to the LBP wheels when I did the disc brake conversion on the front.

I believe I am runnig 14 X 7's with 195's in then front and 225's in the rear. I do get a little rub fron the rear fender once in a while, bu I would think if you were to roll them a tiny bit you would never even notice. Yours may not even rub, as mine are bondo'd/Repaired.

Here is a Tiny Pic:
IMG_1863.jpg

These Wheels, come in 5x4 bolt pattern, for a nice price as well. :headbang:

Linky Dooo

With the adapter, you would deffinately need a special offset, or narower wheels, as I think they will push your wheels out towards the fender.

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

i run a set of 15x8 small bolt rallye wheels on the back with 26x10.5 mickey et streets for track nites. my wheels can be had from summit.

i ran a 245 60 14 on the back of mine for 12 years on a 14" ralley 5.5 wide and stock backspacing

never rubbed...

DSCN5760.JPG

now i am running 255/45/17's on a 17" wheel with 4.25" backspacing

DSCN5760.JPG

DSCN5760.JPG

I ran wheel adapters years ago. What happened to me, you don't want to happen to you. All the 7/16s wheel studs loosened up and the rear wheels began to wobble. I had to have them welded in at a Dodge dealership because I was on the road. They are not the safest. I was lucky I didn't have a wheel fall off.

DSC00065(1) (Small).JPG

I have 15x7 wheels all the way around. I changed to the LBP wheels when I did the disc brake conversion on the front.

dartman
what size tires up front? i have 15x7s and am getting ready to buy tires but i think a 215 60 15 may rub. have you trimmed the front fenders?

I ran wheel adapters years ago. What happened to me, you don't want to happen to you. All the 7/16s wheel studs loosened up and the rear wheels began to wobble. I had to have them welded in at a Dodge dealership because I was on the road. They are not the safest. I was lucky I didn't have a wheel fall off.

I agree 100% - when I was much younger I used those things -they were NOT safe!!! They would always loosen on me. Do yourself a favor and spend a bit more money and do it right or stick with the 4" pattern.

-
Back