66 barracuda trunk area

-

Drewski311

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pictures of what a completed trunk area of a 66 Barracuda look like? I'm having a hard time finding what a complete trunk area looks like with all the side walls and other panels.

0107241146a_HDR.jpg

I don't remember seeing anything on the sides. It should have a rear cardboard-like panel and a plastic latch cover though. It is also a premium line which means the trunk floor would be carpeted. The divider panel is plywood, carpeted on the interior side, and a black almost tar like finish on the trunk side. If it came originally with the 6.95 14" tires, that panel will also have a cut slot for the spare tire's extra width. Oh, and the trunk lid also came with a narrow clipped on fiberboard panel on the innerstructure.

Here's what I have available at the moment. First one shows the jute underlayment and rear panel on the driver's side. Next is the latch cover, and then the fiberboard panel on the lid. Sorry about the crappy photo on that. I guess I should have had some extra lighting. The carpet is the same type as the interior floor. Layson's carries the rear panel. I just got some extra carpet by the yard from ACC when I ordered the carpet kit for the floor.

20240213_121113.jpg

20240213_121148.jpg

20240213_121332.jpg

Don't know that this adds much to what's already been posted, but here's the trunk of my old 66 Barracuda. Carpet is faded but original. Inside of the rear quarters should be body color, sides on this have been undercoated. Trunk side of the drop down panel was black no matter what the body or interior color. Interior side of the drop panel had same color carpet as the rest of the interior.

1707945688132.jpeg

1707945776585.jpeg

-
Back