66 barrracuda/valiant guys

-

fstfish66

Reaction score
looking to see who is running a 6 inch wide rim on the front,,,your back space and tire size please,,

im having wheeels made,,orignal correct spoke torque thrust style,,

because of my wide rear tires, i need special back space,,and finally found some one that will build them,,,

but there front rim sizes are a toss up for me,,,15x5 wide with a 3 inch back space or 6 wide with a 3 3/4 back space,,

i currently run 15x5 with 3 1/2 back space,,

im going to spcace my rims out to see what they would look like at 3 inch back space,, with the back being tubbed and tires tucked inward,, im afraid the 3 inch back space will make the front end look wider,,

and the tires on my front now are almost VW size,,, 165/80 r 15

thanks for any replys

Attachments

• db_WOT__164_1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 172
On my 65 barracuda I am running p165r60 15" tires on Cragar s/s rims. The rims are 15" x 6" with a 3.75" backspace. I am having no interference issues with a stock suspension.

15x5.5 with 3" BS. I run 205/60/15 up front with zero issues. The profile looks nice and still maintains that old muscle car look.

15x5.5 with 3" BS. I run 205/60/15 up front with zero issues. The profile looks nice and still maintains that old muscle car look.

dave,,,where ya been ??? hows the car comming??

thanks for ur reply,,can u give me a pic from the front showing the wheel and well so i can see how far out the 3 inch back space looks,,thanks don

dave,,,where ya been ??? hows the car comming??

thanks for ur reply,,can u give me a pic from the front showing the wheel and well so i can see how far out the 3 inch back space looks,,thanks don

Been a nightmare with the geometry of the Hyd roller setup. Just got the pushrods back last week. Had to clearance the pushrod holes a touch more. That was a major pita with the heads on the car. The motor is buttoned up. Need to install radiator, hoses, tighten headers and hookup exhaust and pulleys Then it's time to fire her up with the new roller. :) should be this weekend. After that I can get the panels bolted on which is no biggy.

Thanks for asking. If I find a pic I'll post it.

Been a nightmare with the geometry of the Hyd roller setup. Just got the pushrods back last week. Had to clearance the pushrod holes a touch more. That was a major pita with the heads on the car. The motor is buttoned up. Need to install radiator, hoses, tighten headers and hookup exhaust and pulleys Then it's time to fire her up with the new roller. :) should be this weekend. After that I can get the panels bolted on which is no biggy.

Thanks for asking. If I find a pic I'll post it.

dave thanks,,, did you modify an LA motor to a roller ?? i ddint know the paint was finished,,,,cant wait to see it,,,its been a long time comming

dave thanks,,, did you modify an LA motor to a roller ?? i ddint know the paint was finished,,,,cant wait to see it,,,its been a long time comming

It's the same 340. Went with Hughes retro-fit roller lifters. No work done to lifter bores of the block needed. Just had to have work done on the pusrod holes to open them up for the crappy pushrod/lifter geometry and 1.6 rockers. Should be a healthy motor.

yes it has been a very long time coming. #-o

It's the same 340. Went with Hughes retro-fit roller lifters. No work done to lifter bores of the block needed. Just had to have work done on the pusrod holes to open them up for the crappy pushrod/lifter geometry and 1.6 rockers. Should be a healthy motor.

yes it has been a very long time coming. #-o

ive read on the retro lifters ,,cant imagine working on the push rod holes on the assembled motor,,,i was thinking you had eddy heads,,,GET-R-DONE

-
Back