66 Dart driver's side mirror not same as 67 up?

-
The remote mirrors changed between '66 and '67. They also had different manual mirrors. Between those two years, the remote mirror base and gasket were the same shape, but, the manual mirrors were totally different, and different than the remotes. The difference in the remote mirrors those two years was the way the base attached to the head. The early one had a separate base the just "sandwiched" between the head and the door shell. The later one had the base attached to the head and was installed as a unit. The cables and controls were different too. the early mirror had easily removable cables and a larger diameter control joystick. The '67-up mirror had cables crimped to the control. Cable lengths were dependent on body style and whether it had a vent window or not. Between a '66 and '67 Abody with a vent glass, they should be very close in length. If your '67 originally had a remote mirror, I'd get the correct one so you don't have to drill a bigger hole for the '66 and earlier control.

Not sure if you solved the problem but I stumbled across a spare 67 barracuda remote mirror. My #'s arent stamped as clearly as yours but its same # 2802301. Mine is missing stud(threaded hole) and missing the screw at the back end.
Cable length is a little over 29" measured from bottom of mirror base to threaded bezel that goes on door.
# on gasket 2802303.
Hope that helps.

20200930_210706.jpg

20200930_210651.jpg

20200930_210800.jpg

-
Back