'66 Dart kick down diagram

-

Tonto7

Reaction score
Anybody got a diagram of what the kick down linkage for a '66 Dart 273 V-8 (stock 2bbl) is supposed to look like? I've got a bunch of pieces, but none quite look like the diagram I have, which is from a '66 Valiant shop manual. Is the Dart linkage different from the Valiant linkage or were there changes made mid-year?
Thanks

Let me take a picture of what I have in my 66 Manual, it covers Darts also .
Give me a few minutes

The same as a Valiant Tonto7. here you go, I hope this sheds some light on it for you :coffee2:

Attachments

• George Ray's 2013 094.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 119
  • George Ray's 2013 095.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 117
  • George Ray's 2013 096.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 105
  • George Ray's 2013 097.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 108
  • George Ray's 2013 098.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 117
I have had 66 Dart and 66 Barracuda at same time, both had the same linkage. They have ball studs at carb and bell crank linkages.

There were several changes over the years for different reasons. I think 66 did have the safe throttle return slot in that first rod. Earlier models didn't have that safety feature.
In 66 the bell crank was still mounted on the back end of the head. There were problems related to that also. I'm not sure if all those bell cranks moved up on top of the intake in the same year but it is a better design ( fewer faults ).
At the same time mix matched parts rarely work right so...
Gather any complete throttle pressure setup, use it no matter which year design it is.

Wow! Looks like he has not came back to receive our help yet RedFish and KitCarlson :glasses7:

Thanks to both of you for the info. I have been using a set up from a '66 Belvedere, which I could never get adjusted correctly. I now have a set up off a '66 Valiant, which I'll try.

-
Back