66 Dart Wiring Questions

-

coalman

Reaction score
1.On the wiring diagram for above, does anyone know what the Brown T2 12 gauge is for?
2.The car never had the Accessory Circuit Breaker or the Q1 12 gage red with tracer, does it matter? Thanks

Let's start with "what exactly are you looking at" and "can you post a photo of it?

Wild guess convertible top-------and it is

Last edited:
I have the manual in my hand. they are listed on the chart but I haven't located them on the schematic yet.

In the 66 Dart manual page 8-119 it is the convertible top. You guys could save me considerable time if you'd give more details the first round.

cconvertible.jpg

Q1 is power out of the ammeter to a circuit breaker. Nothing on the other side of the breaker that I can see so far.

Last edited:
On another schematic it is listed as a accessory circuit breaker. Yes, Power top makes sense.

T2 is from the convertible top switch to the motor. T3 yellow is the other side of the switch.One is up and the other position is down I would imagine.

If you car isn't a convertible it probably doesn't have the feed off the ammeter or the circuit breaker.

I wasn't paying close attention and was looking on some Coronet schematics. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: LOL Same number and color of wires do the same thing on both models.

Ign #1 from the key switch through the bulkhead to the distributor side of the ballast resistor I believe. Sorry. I'm not a very good teacher right now. I have had 3 phone calls and text messages from 5 people in the last 15 min.

Other way around. J2 is IGN2 which is the resistor bypass circuit goes to the coil+ side of the ballast

the other brown (at top of connector in photo) should be washer pump

Other way around. J2 is IGN2 which is the resistor bypass circuit goes to the coil+ side of the ballast

the other brown (at top of connector in photo) should be washer pump

Thanks, you are correct 14 gage brown. I took the picture for nothing. T2 in the index is for the convertible which I don't have. Thanks to all for help.

-
Back