67-69 A body top switch

-

RhinoMan68

if its for a 1968 cuda 'vert I probably need it.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe this is still one of the LAST unobtainium parts for these cars, am I correct? My exploded view car didn't have one in the pop (pile o parts) that came with it. As I understand JS Restorations will rebuild the one you have but what if you are like me and are out of luck?

So whats the alternative?

Last one very recently I saw sold for $175. Will ANYTHING else work?

What have you guys done or have tried?

What I have read is that you may be able to use a switch from a rear gate window off of a station wagon.
I believe you could use a newer style switch. Its hidden behind the dash. Good luck.

I'm not sure which wagon, but a mopar one obviously (to match cosmetically).
The one you bought will probably work as all they need to do is go up and down.
Someone will chime in that knows the year of wagons.
Also do a search a member here did a wiring upgrade to make it safer @cosgig is the member

I sold one last year for the above mentioned price. I have a couple more, but then again I have a couple convertibles to do yet, so they aren't for sale. Probably not enough demand to make a reproduction of them. I haven't heard of the wagon switch being used, most of my wagons used a key in the tailgate that lowered the window.

I think the original chrysler top switch had a circuit breaker mounted on/with it. The switch you purchased from ebay will work but you probably should add a circuit breaker.

The station wagon switch that will work is for a B-body. According the '67 Parts catalog the switch is the same as a '67 B-body station wagon AND the same as a '67 Coronet convertible top switch (it appears that the '67 Plymouth B-body top switch is different). I have no idea if any other year B-body will work. Original part number is 2820408.

You can also use the switch and relays from a more modern convertible, but the mounting will be very different.

I dont know exactly. In the interest of protecting my 50 yr old wiring I would start with 30 amp
Always go with lowest value and go up from there. I would start with 15A

As you mentioned you are protecting the wires with the cir breaker.

-
Back