67-69 Dart seat frames question

-

Done Swimmin

Reaction score
Hey All
I have a 68 Dart GT and I am interested in putting 69 headrests in. Are the bucket seat frame backs the same but just lacking the internals or are the seat back frames different?
If they are different, will the 69 back fit the 68 bases?
Any help is appreciated.
Pete

I am not totally sure if they are the same because I have never seen a frame without the upholstery on it.
But, my guess is that they all would have had the provisions for head rests built in all seats because it was an option.
(Even in '68).

I am not totally sure if they are the same because I have never seen a frame without the upholstery on it.
But, my guess is that they all would have had the provisions for head rests built in all seats because it was an option.
(Even in '68).

I found out by stripping the seats Dartnut.

They are identical.

Just a "heads up" guys.

If you are buying new headrests and you are ordering white, its not the same color white as the seat material. The seat color is actually a pearlescent white while the headrests are a bright white and will look out of place when installed. Also, the white hinge covers are bright white and look odd with the seats. I had some pearlescent paint made that was close so I refinished the covers. They look much better. Probably would work with the headrests but I wasn't willing to do that.

Just a "heads up" guys.

If you are buying new headrests and you are ordering white, its not the same color white as the seat material. The seat color is actually a pearlescent white while the headrests are a bright white and will look out of place when installed. Also, the white hinge covers are bright white and look odd with the seats. I had some pearlescent paint made that was close so I refinished the covers. They look much better. Probably would work with the headrests but I wasn't willing to do that.
Thanks

-
Back