Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set for our 69 cuda vert. Looks like the body shop decided they needed them(as well as other parts) more than the rightful owner does.
Part # 2784014/5
Thanks
Steve

That sucks !

I had a muffler shop quote me a killer deal on a 3" exhaust over the axles and out the back . So I brought my old tail pipes with the original tips to them and waited.... after a few hours they decided they could do it ( which didnt surprise me) so I got in my car (73 340 4sp Dart Sport) and went home . A week later I was trying to find those tips.... They threw them out ! I was furious ! Fuckin idiots couldnt do anything right !

I hear ya Mike, shitty as ****. This is a well known Mopar shop. "Lost" my sunvisors, rear view mirror and now trunk torsion bars. All specific for a vert, fuckin clowns. Oh and front windshield....
That sucks !

I had a muffler shop quote me a killer deal on a 3" exhaust over the axles and out the back . So I brought my old tail pipes with the original tips to them and waited.... after a few hours they decided they could do it ( which didnt surprise me) so I got in my car (73 340 4sp Dart Sport) and went home . A week later I was trying to find those tips.... They threw them out ! I was furious ! Fuckin idiots couldnt do anything right !

I have heard of people making them out of hardtop bars. Requires heat and some metal knowledge, though. They are that same as Dart convertible, though. On the other hand, I think I know where a pair are. Where are you located?

I have these. The rods were checked against Nellas convertible, they’re correct.

DFF6E0B6-E30A-4CDC-A6B0-770ED255AFD6.jpeg

Thanks Geof, if you dont mind getting me a grand total shipped via USPS?
Lakefield Ontario K0L2H0 (those are zeros).
Thanks Jim, they swapped my vert ones for unknown mopar ones and I was wondering if I could "mod" them. There would have to be cutting and welding involved unfortunately.
Thanks guys
I have heard of people making them out of hardtop bars. Requires heat and some metal knowledge, though. They are that same as Dart convertible, though. On the other hand, I think I know where a pair are. Where are you located?

I have these. The rods were checked against Nellas convertible, they’re correct.

View attachment 1715763741

Are you able to warn us “locals” what body shop this is? (Getting prices on body and paint for my car)

PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Yeah, sounds like the shop has a pretty lucrative side business of selling parts !!:poke::elmer:

Yeah, sounds like the shop has a pretty lucrative side business of selling parts !!:poke::elmer:

There was a well-known SoCal Mopar restorer in the 1980s who was selling customer parts with "plans" to replace said parts before the owner could find out. Things like Superbird wings weren't that easy to find, even back then...

Thanks Geof, if you dont mind getting me a grand total shipped via USPS?
Lakefield Ontario K0L2H0 (those are zeros).
Thanks Jim, they swapped my vert ones for unknown mopar ones and I was wondering if I could "mod" them. There would have to be cutting and welding involved unfortunately.
Thanks guys
No welding spring steel. Welding isn't req'd to make them shorter anyway. Metal workers know how to heat this material, change the bends, and proper cool them to retain the temper. With a little luck the difference in length is 3 inches? Simple as cut at yellow and add a 90 degree bend at red. Done. All my vert parts are gone and I can't recall what the actual length difference is. I know the B-cuda vert spring length is 42 inches. Maybe cut off 5 inches and add two 90 degree bends? Its doable regardless.

trunk springs.jpeg

vert trunk torsion spring 02.JPG

Sorry Jim, I missed this reply. Im in Ontario Canada. Dart ones are different for whatever reason. I checked parts manuals and the #'s are different dart vs cuda.
Thanks Ben, that's a good idea with cutting and bending. I may try that as I have these unknowns anyway.

No welding spring steel. Welding isn't req'd to make them shorter anyway. Metal workers know how to heat this material, change the bends, and proper cool them to retain the temper. With a little luck the difference in length is 3 inches? Simple as cut at yellow and add a 90 degree bend at red. Done. All my vert parts are gone and I can't recall what the actual length difference is. I know the B-cuda vert spring length is 42 inches. Maybe cut off 5 inches and add two 90 degree bends? Its doable regardless.

View attachment 1715765036

View attachment 1715765038

I'll have to look at both cars, but the bars are installed in both of them right now and the back end of the GTS is hard to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back