67 barracuda 4 spd header choice/??'s.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I would have no problem choosing headers for my car, but the one thing that baffles me that i can't really get an answer from anyone is my quick ratio steering pittman and idler arm clearance.

That being said I will tell ya what I have to work with and see what recommendations you professionals can come up with for me.

The car is a 67 barracuda coupe.

I am converting it to a four speed with the stock Z-bar stuff.

The engine is a 78 360 with J-style heads.

I've got a Kevko 6 quart oil pan that is supposed to have no clearance issues so I have been told.

I will be using a mini starter.

I have read in the TTI website that quick ratio pittman arm length will have clearance issues and TTI's will not fit.

Hedman says the same thing, but hedman says you have to grind a piece out of the Z-bar and modify a shift tab and linkage rod to fit Hedman's.

I have no problem swapping back to my regular ratio steering box, pittman and idler arm, and I have no problem macgivering my Z-bar and shift linkage, but i would like to know if there are any direct bolt in options I can go with so I don't have to modify squat with my options, or......

Is there any reputable places that could make me a custom set of headers that will fit exactly with what I have to work with here?

Doug's headers website was pretty vague, and I don't think alot of guys are running the quick ratio steering stuff so that's understandable.

Just need to know where to go from here, thanks guys.

-
Back