67 Barracuda - Anyone Recognize This Plug Connection In Trunk?

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Pulled apart this plug connection in trunk of my 67 Barracuda. One of the spade connectors has turned into green goop. It is located in the left side of the trunk. Looks like it crosses over to the right side - maybe to the dome light and rear speaker? My dome light on the passenger side does not work and I don’t think the lone speaker works that is mounted in the right rear. Looks like 5 wires go into the plus but only 3 wires come out of the connecting plug.

I chased wires all day yesterday for a different issue (reverse lights). Hoping one of the wizards on the site can give me a head start on this issue.

IMG_6805.jpeg

IMG_6804.jpeg

IMG_6802.jpeg

IMG_6801.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

Wonder why 5 wires coming in and only 3 coming out? Should I just cut the plug out and wire tie each spade connection together? I am guessing there will be two with three wires and one with two.

Whats really awesome is when you order a new M&H rear body harness for a fastback that right dome light harness is missing and Year One does not even list it.and no mention its not included either?

I remember the fuel gauge wire was included in the harness so I think its dome light only on that plug.

Wonder why 5 wires coming in and only 3 coming out? Should I just cut the plug out and wire tie each spade connection together? I am guessing there will be two with three wires and one with two.
The extra two wire go to the left courtesy light.

Whats really awesome is when you order a new M&H rear body harness for a fastback that right dome light harness is missing and Year One does not even list it.and no mention its not included either?

I remember the fuel gauge wire was included in the harness so I think its dome light only on that plug.
That is why you never throw anything away till you get the new parts.

Alan

-
Back