67 Barracuda Carpet Issue

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Hopefully one of the masters on this site can help me with my carpet issue. The carpet was replaced by the previous owner and fits nicely in the front section. In the back seat floorboard area, the carpet wants to bunch up and fold over when I push it into the corner. It seems like it is not molded enough to fit the floorboard contour - see pic below. I just took the car to Dallas Auto Interiors and they said there was nothing they could do to help- even using a heat gun.

Anybody have an idea on how to get the carpet in reasonably flat?

IMG_7334.jpeg

It looks like it need to be pulled to the left, trimmed and tucked under the door sill plate. There may be a problem with what was done by the previous owner underneath the back seat. It looks like you are a little short of material in that far back corner.

Pull the seat bottom, you may need to pull the front seats. Pull sill plates and sill plate extensions and start over in positioning the carpet.

Alan

Pull the seat bottom, you may need to pull the front seats. Pull sill plates and sill plate extensions and start over in positioning the carpet.

Alan
Do you mean the back seat bottom Cuda AL?
it appears from your picture that you are looking at the side of the back seat, removing it will give you more movement and more properly center the carpet.

Alan

Yes, I see your point and will pull the seat. Maybe as I push the carpet left I can pull it right father under the seat to try and relieve the big fold.

Waaahoooo! Pulled the back seat and worked the carpet for a while. Added some screws under the seat area to hold the carpet while I pushed it into place. Exceeded my expectations and looks great so far. Taped off and shot some paint on a couple of interior panels while I was at it. Will put back seat in place tomorrow once the paint dries. Pics below.

Thanks for the tips!

IMG_7336.jpeg

IMG_7335.jpeg

-
Back