67 Barracuda Door Lock Ferrules

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Looking for a set of door lock ferrules to fit my 67 Barracuda. I am thinking stainless would be nice if available and they fit. Here is a picture of one I have now. Issue is that it fits in there loose and kinda rattles around. The passenger side ferrule is missing. Found these two at Classic but the stainless version does not say it fits a 67 Barracuda. Does anyone know if the stainless version fits but they just don’t list a 67 Barracuda because they originally came as plastic?

IMG_6989.jpeg

IMG_0331.png

IMG_0332.png

Did you tap the tangs over on the back side?
Agree, originals were stainless.

Alan

4spdragtop is correct on the holes being drilled later when they were moved from the center to the end of the door. Here is a measurement picture of each door - looks right at 1/2” each.

I took a pic of the one ferrule that I have and it fits way loose. Just want them to look nice and not too worried about them being exact for a 67. Also, I would rather not pull the door panels off again since it just got put back together and looks great. Hoping a set of new ones can just snap in from the top.

Anyone know what size the holes are supposed to be?

IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_7015.jpeg

IMG_7014.jpeg

Looking closer at the pics, it seems like the passenger side hole is smaller. So I pulled my ferrule out of the drivers side and it still fits loose on the passenger side. The link Dana67Dart sent says theirs is made for a .450 hole. I don’t think they are that small, so will order a cheap set of calipers on Amazon to get an exact size. My other set got stepped on - ouch.

I just measured 2 67 dart doors.

A 0.437 rod goes on one (tight fit) and another (slip fit)

an option...

get the plastic ones and a chrome paint pen.

Calipers just came in. Here are the hole measurements:

Driver’s side = 0.4820
Passenger side = 0.4625

So are these larger than they are supposed to be?

If it was me....

Depending on how you I tend to put them in a light dab of black RTV around the hole opening then insert the Farrel, let it cure and never look back

The flange on the one I have covers the holes on both sides. Thinking that I can just super glue a set of new ones on. Thoughts?

-
Back