67 barracuda fold down rear seat?

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The 67 barracuda fast back had a fold down rear seat? Is it the same width as the 67-9 dart?

Rear shelf panel? Is that the panel that is behind the top back of the seat that backs up to the rear window?

Thanks

Screenshot_20210316-210513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-210508_Samsung Internet.jpg

None of that will fit in a 69 Dart or any other year Dart for that matter. ONLY 67-69 Barracuda fastback, but the seat pattern is only for a 67...

None of that will fit in a 69 Dart or any other year Dart for that matter. ONLY 67-69 Barracuda fastback, but the seat pattern is only for a 67...

Ok thanks! I saw it on CL and just like the idea of folding rear seat... you know, to put more **** in the car sometimes lol

No reason one couldn't weld in some brackets, plus who knows what other changes. The load area floor would be completely in the trunk unlike the Barracuda being seen behind the seat with the fastback.

Could be interesting.

Alan

You’d be better off using a fold down seat out of a 73+ Duster/Dart Sport. The bracing and floor reinforcement would fit a lot better. The seats are still different and it would require more than little fabrication. But I think the 73+ Duster and Dart Sport fold down seats would be a better start (and likely more plentiful) than the Barracuda stuff.

You can see some of that parts involved here
How To: Fold down seat conversion

That shows the conversion on a Duster that was born with a non-fold down seat. For a Dart there would be some differences with the seat that would have to be addressed.

That looks great!
thanks //before you get rid of that seat /if you know some one that can cast or own/access to a 3d printer to do the latch cams !! I m looking into it... no one repo's them and they get lost in the bone yards...

IMG_20200512_181123985.jpg

2018-05-07 seats 026.JPG

2018-05-07 seats 027.JPG

thanks //before you get rid of that seat /if you know some one that can cast or own/access to a 3d printer to do the latch cams !! I m looking into it... no one repo's them and they get lost in the bone yards...

View attachment 1715709413

View attachment 1715709414

View attachment 1715709416

Those seats I posted pictures of isn't mine, I found it on craigslist. The guy has it listed saying make an offer. Figured if I could use the base or the folding portions with my rear seat to make mine fold down I'd try and pick it up.

Those seats I posted pictures of isn't mine, I found it on craigslist. The guy has it listed saying make an offer. Figured if I could use the base or the folding portions with my rear seat to make mine fold down I'd try and pick it up.
oh ok the hinge area of the barracuda are robust and so is the top seat//nothin more than a padded steel panel//simple frame work might do it/ the rod and lever in the seat that operates the cams tripping the seat lock/ hinge morphing the rear top seat might work//the width is the issue I dont know about

and your rear brace is in the way aahhh sub frame connectors an a 6 pt roll cage will fix any Wobblies
:lol:

2018-05-07 seats 029.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back