'67 Barracuda Front tire sizes?

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Hi, Somewhat new to mopars and I am in the process of restoring a '67 notchback in my garage. I have converted to large bolt pattern disc brakes and getting ready to set the car back on the ground.

The rears have a set of weld prostars 15x8 with P255x60s

My question is what size weld prostar rim 15X?? with what backspace would your order for the front of this car. Along with what tire size would you suggest. I did spend alot of time reading post in the section but didn't find really what I was looking for.

I would like something that will ride nice and fill the wheel well.

Thanks in advance Jim

PS if anybody has a set of prostars they would like to sell please send me an email at: [email protected] Shipping would be to Boise, ID

Nobody???

Well how about what size 15's are you guys running??? I have set of 15x4s but there not the ideal long term solution.

Thanks Jim

I'm running 15 x 7 with 3.5 backspacing on the front of my 68 cuda. Currently 225/60 rubber but I will be going down to 215/60s. I would not go larger than 7inch rims on the front.

moparmarket4.jpg

CIMG0980WEB.JPG

I'm running 15 x 7 with 3.5 backspacing on the front of my 68 cuda. Currently 225/60 rubber but I will be going down to 215/60s. I would not go larger than 7inch rims on the front.

I was running 225/60-15 on the front of my 68 Barracuda on 15x7's with 4.25" backspacing. The tire comes very very close (1/8") to the front edge of the fender when the tire is turned in about 1/2 way to lock (right at the outer edge of the tire). A few weeks ago when backing up and turning I unloaded the suspension and the tire caught the fender and folded it up under! :(

Some quick body work and a respray of the fender all is well and I am now running 215/60-15's on the same 15x7 Ralley wheels. There is a 1/2" of clearance in the same cranked in position so I shouldn't have anymore issues.

I had been running 235/60-14's on the front which had closer to an 1" clearance and selected the 225/60-15 size because they were only .4" larger in diameter and 1/2" smaller in tread width. I guess it's must be the wider rim making the outer edge swing a larger arc. Also, impacting this is the fact that I have the 73+ disk brakes on the front which add all most 2" to the front track. Wheels with more back spacing would also have solved the problem but I want the 15" ralley's and they come with 4.25" back spacing.

Here is a picture of my car with the 225/60's on the front, haven't taken and pictures since installing the 215/60-15's. BTW, those are 255/60-15 on 15x8 (4.5" back spacing) wheels on the back, con clearance issuesat all

NewTires007-1.jpg

-
Back