67 barracuda glove box removal

-

67BARRICONVERT

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering what the easiest way to remove the cardboard glove box from the dash. I have my dash bezel, radio, and A/C and heater controls removed. I was trying to get to the blower motor resistor and thought it would be easier if the glove box was out, but the glove box hits the A/C heater unit and will not clear the dash and drop down. What is interesting is while trying to remove it I realized that a very fragile broadcast sheet is attached to the back of the glove box. I had already found a broadcast sheet under the back seat so a second one surprised the hell out of me.
Thanks for the help,
Bob

Can be frustrating, our 67 basically "collapses" into itself slightly to be able to remove thru the open gb door opening.

This one is actually supposed to come out from under the dash. Rotate it to opening up. They are usually so brittle that they break up regardless which way you go. If you remove the right kick panel and remove 1 bolt, the dash will pull outward some which helps.

Thanks 4spdragtop and Redfish. Box is too brittle to fold in so I tried removing the bolt and pulling the dash out and that gave a lot more room but still not enough to get it out without destroying the glove box.

This one is actually supposed to come out from under the dash. Rotate it to opening up. They are usually so brittle that they break up regardless which way you go. If you remove the right kick panel and remove 1 bolt, the dash will pull outward some which help

Thanks Redfish, I took your suggestion a little further and it worked. I removed the lower dash bolt on the drivers side also and unbolted the steering column from the lower dash and that allowed the dash to swing out much further allowing the glove box to drop out. :)

I'd be a lot more worried about preserving the sheet than the box. Cut the back of the box off to get the sheet out intact and then replace the box - if you get one from a later dart (74-6?) they had plastic boxes that folded down and even worked better as a glove box

I'd be a lot more worried about preserving the sheet than the box. Cut the back of the box off to get the sheet out intact and then replace the box - if you get one from a later dart (74-6?) they had plastic boxes that folded down and even worked better as a glove box

Thanks STR, The broadcast sheet was attached to the back of the glove box with two pieces of tape. The glue on the tape was dried out so the sheet detached from the box easily. The sheet is very brittle, and so was the one I found under the back seat. I will preserve this one as I did the other.

that later model plastic box doesn't work in the 67 dash.

Just for the Barracuda or for Darts too?
I think 67 Dart dash is the same as B'cuda dash at the glove box. Open Dart glove box and don't see raw edge of cardboard on top of the dash metal. Plastic box install is opposite. Its shaped different at bottom for a totally different door hinge also.

-
Back