67 Barracuda Notchback Headliner Hardware

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
The headliner has been out of the car now for several years and its at a point i'm ready to get it installed. Its been apart for so long I don't remember the specifics of what clips and parts are needed. Looking for pictures or links to pictures of what is needed and any advice is greatly appreciated. Of course if you guys have any of these items send me a PM. The glass is out and the car is ready to be dropped off.

Looking on the internet there seems to be perforated and non-perforated headliner material. is one better that the other?

The parts I do have are:
  • bows
  • Don't know what there called, but the semi curved metal that screws to the car just above the door glass.

Perforated or non, no difference, just preference, and for numbers people what was in the car when built.

Do you have the clips that the bows fit into on the sides, or the springs that go from the rear window frame to the rearmost bow.

There are clips on the sides that the bows sit in. I think there permanent to the car. I don't have the rear springs.

Perforated or non, no difference, just preference, and for numbers people what was in the car when built.

Do you have the clips that the bows fit into on the sides, or the springs that go from the rear window frame to the rearmost bow.
Every 67 B'cuda notch I have had did have "snake bite" perforated head liner material.
Those 2 little hard wires that tether the rear bow are must have since the head liner is stretched forward for install. Only other item I can think of is the odd, almost diamond, shaped sail panel boards.
Put the screws for sun visors, dome lamp, etc., in their holes so you can locate after head liner is up. And of course the wiring for dome lamp needs to be in place.

My 67 has little trapezoidal looking clips that clip into the roof framework, and the bows sit in them.

Thanks for replies...
I need to source:
  • perforated headliner
  • sail panels
  • wire spring from rear window to rear bow
  • screws for visor and dome light which I think I have.

One question I do have is, the clips that snap into the headliner side trim molding. Do they play a part in the headliner installation. As seen in the picture below.

0815181718b-jpg.jpg

One question I do have is, the clips that snap into the headliner side trim molding. Do they play a part in the headliner installation. As seen in the picture below.

View attachment 1715317924
Not really. The headliner material was and will be glued along there. Those trim clips could be removed from the trim and used as temporary clamps but any thing will do. I cut door edge guard into short strips.

-
Back