67' Barracuda rear seat question.

-

MoparMike_87

"Sh'Dynasty. That's S H comma-to-the-top Dynasty."
Reaction score
In need of some Barracuda back seat knowledge. Will the back seat assembly from a fastback mount up to a notchback if the same year?

Thanks

In need of some Barracuda back seat knowledge. Will the back seat assembly from a fastback mount up to a notchback if the same year?

Thanks

No, not without extensive modifications.

I had given it some thought, kind of like converting the car to emulate the Duster that had the fold down seat... was that the "Space Duster" or was that the "Hang 10" model?

It was a Barracuda.

Yep, I understand. Sheet metal in that area is quite different between the FB and the NB, so not trivial.

Here is an article about a "Hang 10" Dart where Chrysler took a car similar in structure to the NB and converted it to have a fold down rear seat. I think the "Hang 10" was the Dodge version and the "Space Duster" was the Plymouth version of essentially the same car.

Car of the Week: 1974 Dodge 'Hang 10' Dart

Yep, I understand. Sheet metal in that area is quite different between the FB and the NB, so not trivial.

Here is an article about a "Hang 10" Dart where Chrysler took a car similar in structure to the NB and converted it to have a fold down rear seat. I think the "Hang 10" was the Dodge version and the "Space Duster" was the Plymouth version of essentially the same car.

Car of the Week: 1974 Dodge 'Hang 10' Dart

You could also get the fold-down rear seat in a Dart Sport without getting the "hang 10" package, and the same goes for the sunroof. My '74 Dart Sport has both options but was not a hang 10 car.

-
Back