67 copper

-

TheGrateRonzini

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, I’m not sure how to start. My notch originally had the fabled copper interior. Unfortunately, I have one copper bucket, one black bucket and rear, and a complete inside trim package. The inside trim is complete, and not cracked, but someone piss canned it black, with signiture drips and all! My interior going forward is going to be all black. Can I put soda in my blaster and clean the **** off of the plastic? Use chemical strippers? It’s piss can paint so maybe laquer thinner? If I get them clean I would totally trade for the same parts in black, or I will paint them competently. I would rather not paint the drivers bucket as it is in decent shape besides the vinyl and being a one year color, why paint it if someone can use it. Any ideas on how to remove the paint? I’m hesitant about chemicals and plastic, and don’t think I can make it pretty with soda, I guess I could gradually sand it into the 1000’s to church it up. Any ideas?

Oven cleaner will lift paint without harming ABS plastic. You'll need lacquer thinner for vinyl. My 67 buckets are black but someone had sprayed the wrong kind of black on the seat backs etc... and did a pizz poor job of it. Lacquer thinner worked. SEMs Landau black made them look new after some scars in the vinyl were repaired.

-
Back