67 cuda fastback bucket seat question

-

powerman330

Reaction score
I am pretty new to the forum. Just some background info. My dad and i are restoring a 67 barracuda fastback with 383 big block. The car is being sand blasted and primed tomorrow. Now my question is we are looking around for interiors and we were wondering if anyone had any ideas on bucket seats out of any newer vehicles??

Also, for the front end, does anyone have any recommendations on tubular front ends???

I appreciate any help and ideas.

Hey, powerman, there are a number of guys here who have put other buckets in their cars. Just search around in some threads in the restoration topic. Remember, look at the Darts, too, because they used the same size seats. If hou have any mechanical ability, you could almost fab any bucket into there.

As for tubular front ends, I suppose you are talking about the K-frame and/or the control arms. Be wary of tubular Ks without a built-on shock/UCA frame because the forces once taken by the torsion bars will now be directed through the coil springs to the shock towers if no UCA frame is attached to the K-frame.

Tubular control arms are a good idea, but the lack of mass in them when driving on the street worries me when a stout pot hole or speed bump is met by a front tire. They are great for roadracing on smooth tracks, though.

I'm sure some others will chime in with pros and cons.

-
Back